Polyester mesh banners or event mesh.
Also known as air mesh or polymesh.
Ideal for events. Easy to install and bump out.
Lightweight and transportable.
Perfect for scaffold banners and speaker tower signage.
For a quote please call us on 1800 781 814
Polyester Mesh Banners
About Mesh Fabric Banners
Fabric mesh banners are made from 110 gsm perforated polyester. The perforations allow wind to pass easily through the material reducing strain on eyelets and fences. This type of printed fabric mesh banner is often called airmesh because of the excellent performance in outdoor windy applications.
The material itself is not highly UV stable over extended periods so these types of banners are better suited to short term applications.
We use a dye sublimation technique to transfer the inks to the fabric which results in stunning prints of high definition. Despite the perforations, it is possible to print high quality images with excellent image reproduction.
How To Install
Fabric mesh banners or Fence scrim are generally installed on temporary fencing or crowd control barriers. They are generally used for events so we enourage the use of reusable toggle ties for installation. Banner toggle ties are simple to use and greatly reduce bum in and out time. To install an event scrim banner
- Fix one of the top corners to the top of the fence
- Walk the rest of the banner out to its full length and fix the other top corner loosely. This will keep the banner clean and dry.
- Starting from the original top corner, affix the eyelets sequentially. They should be tight but not taut. If they are pulled too tightly you risk damaging the banner or creating creases. Try to keep a straight line across the top of the banner.
- Once the top row is fixed move on the bottom row. Do not over tighten and create creases. The wind should fill out any slack.
- Never over tighten cable ties, keep them one or two notches from completely unmovable.
- Fix the side eyelets and check the banner for any pulling or creases.
Polyester Mesh Banners
- Lightweight and transportable
- Packs down to a very small size to make it easy for storage and transport to other venues
- Very easy to install requiring fewer people to install it because it is so light.
- Does not crease, scratch or wrinkle like banner mesh making it ideal for multiple uses.
- Fantastic print reproduction allowing photo quality prints and crisp logos
- The perforations allow maximum wind to pass through the mesh. This makes polyester mesh the ideal print material for stage dressing and speaker tower covers
Yes, you can recycle polyester mesh banners via our Bannerloop program. Please contact us for details. The price of recycling is included in the price but will need to remove the eyelets before sending them back to us.
This type of material is not suitable for long term applications. It is best used as a lightweight mesh that is easily transported.
Banner mesh is made from PVC and is not only non-recyclable, but it can be hazardous to dispose of. It can take up to 500 years to degrade. Polymesh is lighter, it can be folded into a small bundle, and it is transported easily. It can be recycled or repurposed.
Yes, the print result on polyester mesh is excellent. The perforations can make the colour seem slightly faded in bright conditions but the benefit of wind passage more than makes up for it.
Our custom banners can be installed in many ways, but we recommend using toggle ties to each corner for the best results.
While solid vinyl banners are suitable for both indoor and outdoor use, poly mesh banners are designed specifically for windy conditions, because the mesh design allows wind to flow through without ripping the banner. Mesh banners are also useful for displaying on windows where light must pass through, though this is often overlooked.